Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rings, rings and more rings!

As a member of the Etsy Glass Group we discuss lots of things related to the materials we use and when someone finds something interesting, we share!

Someone found some very nice sterling silver ring findings. Generally I don't like making rings because I hate the findings that are available. But these findings are well made, adjustable and not too bulky. So I splurged and bought quite a few and then spent the next few weeks fusing and grinding lots of tiny pieces of extra sparkly glass. When we all ran out we put in another order and I spent another few weeks grinding and polishing tiny pieces of glass.

I always love it when I get totally sucked into a project and can run with it for weeks. Now I've got that bubble of creativity out I'm ready for something else. That is until I see a ring that inspires me to go back to the pile 'o ring findings I still have :-)

No comments: