Saturday, June 21, 2008

Anklets


I made a necklace similar to some of the bracelets I make; chain with pads that I attach glass to. The necklace didn't work out so well. The glass was too heavy and made the necklace look like a dog chain...and not a very nice one. I kept the necklace for a few months wondering what to do with it and cursed that I had wasted some very cool glass on an experiment that didn't work.

Then one day I saw some anklets on Etsy and a little light bulb lit above my head. I shortened the necklace and made a very nice anklet. The bonus was that I had just enough necklace chain left to make a watch - ha!
Sometimes it just pays to let things sit for a while.

The photo is of my anklet...I had to keep this one, but I did make some more that are listed in my Etsy shop!

No comments: